At first I made a basic shape of a dolphin (as a path) in 4x the size of the original.
Then I made a set of points, each representing a node of the path, and animated them. (the anim was 12 frames)
I made the shape of the dolphin follow the animated points, and filled the shape with blue.
animation the guidelines (the points for the path) are
still visible. After that, I still had to rework some of
the frames, since a few errors were still visible. After
that, I airbrushed all 12 frames manually. This was
undoubtably the big & hard part of it. I resized the
animation to 2x the original size to keep processor use
down. (plus, it's a bitch when you switch between
Imageready and Photoshop when you have a two megabyte